Accessible Hobart Revamp using AI and GIS
Hobart is facing congestion problem in the CBD. Micro mobility has the potential to reduce Hobart’s congestion. While active transport is very popular in Hobart,
Large numbers of very short car trips tend to congest the streets
Leads to increasing demands for parking lanes
1. Optimal routes to use electric Scooters
2. Use AI to Detect Vehicles on Congested roads using the Traffic Cams
3. Use AI-based systems for traffic Management using the Shortlisted Traffic Cam data
Stage 1: Optimal routes to use electric Scooters
* For finding the optimal routes we have utilized open datasets:
* These datasets helped us in mapping topographic information:
*The information varied from bus stops, car parks, open playgrounds, parks, hospitals and schools.
*The idea behind this was to detect heavy pedestrian presence in the city.
Optimal Routes for using Electric Scooter
* The choice of optimal routes is based on Heuristics.
* In our proposal, we suggested that scooters should be operated on parallel streets of the pedestrian congested street.
Stage 2: Use AI to Detect Vehicles on Congested roads using the Traffic Cams
Stage 3: Use AI-based systems for traffic Management using the Shortlisted Traffic Cam data
CoH Trees - Significant Tree Locations
City of Hobart - Open Space Parks
City of Hobart Playground Locations
Rethinking mobility for a more accessible Hobart
Micromobility has the potential to reduce Hobart’s congestion. Given Hobart’s topography and location of residential and retail precincts, our challenge is to understand which micromobility vehicles, routes and nodes would be beneficial to making the city quicker to navigate for the largest number of vehicle types and transport users.
Go to Challenge
| 3 teams have
entered this challenge.